UPDATED 26th May (current updates in green), next update June 8th
Please check back for regular updates
- 2020 EVENT UPDATE
- 2020 & PROPOSED 2021 EVENT CALENDAR
- CHECK WHAT EVENTS YOU ARE BOOKED INTO
- WHAT ARE WE DOING (Policy, Payment Policy, COVID H & S Plan)
- WHAT WE MAY EXPECT FROM YOU
With the Government announcement on May 25th we are confident that we will be able to run our events for the remainder of the year as per the current Level 1 Guidelines here – as a move down to level 1 appears to be on the cards for mid to late June.
“Cabinet will check in again on our settings on the 8th of June and we have agreed that no later than the 22nd of June, four weeks from today we will consider then the move to Alert Level 1,” Jacinda Arden said in a post-Cabinet address.
2020 EVENT UPDATE & COVID 19
NZ Baby Expo
All expos have been rescheduled to the new dates listed here
If these expos cannot run due to COVID-19 they will be cancelled until 2021 (with the exception of Christchurch which may be postponed to February 2021).
In the event that any of the Baby Expos are cancelled, any monies paid will be refunded in full.
Go Green Expo
Auckland has been postponed to the 31st of October & 1st of November as previously communicated. This event remains at the ASB Showgrounds but there may be a change of halls.
(If this expo cannot run due to COVID-19 it will be cancelled. Auckland 2021 will be held on the 10th – 11th April)
Christchurch is currently proceeding as planned on the 8th & 9th of August. We will continue to closely monitor government announcements and will make any decisions based on government and venue guidelines. As per the latest Government announcement (25th May, excerpt above)- it appears a move to level 1 should happen in mid to late June; which under the current guidelines would allow our events to run.
(If this expo cannot run due to COVID-19 it will be postponed until 6th – 7th March 2021)
Wellington is currently proceeding as planned on the 7th & 8th of November.
In the event that any of the Go Green Expos are cancelled, any monies paid will be refunded in full.
Healthy Living & Allergy Free Show
As per the latest Government announcement (25th May, excerpt above)- it appears a move to level 1 should happen in mid to late June; which under the current guidelines would allow our Healthy Living Shows to run.
Auckland is currently proceeding as planned on the 29th & 30th of August. We will continue to closely monitor government announcements and will make any decisions based on government and venue guidelines.
(If this show cannot run due to COVID-19 it will be postponed until 20th – 21st March 2021)
Christchurch unfortunately has been cancelled. Due to a clash of dates with our Baby Expo and needing to prioritize this sold-out event, we have made the hard decision to sacrifice the Christchurch Show. Cancelled
Wellington is proceeding as planned on the 5th & 6th of September.
In the event that any of the Healthy Living & Allergy Free Shows are cancelled, any monies paid will be refunded in full.
WHAT EVENTS ARE YOU BOOKED INTO
We have created a document of all the events you have booked with us in 2020.
View the PDF here (search for your legal company name, not exhibitor name) Last updated 18th May
If you believe you are booked into an event and can’t see that booking, please let us know (you may be currently “pencilled” as opposed to booked)
WHAT ARE WE DOING (Payment Policy, COVID H & S Plan)
- We still have our book now and pay later policy, so no payment is due until the 20th month before the event (pay nothing upon booking).
- If any event is cancelled, all monies paid will be refunded in full.
- Any exhibitors who will struggle to make payments on time are urged to get in touch with us sooner rather than later to discuss deferred terms (we, like you, are a small business so understand the issues of cash flow management).
For those exhibitors who are running back to back events with us, such as the Baby Expos please get in touch with Damien if you would like to delay some payments to after the concurring events.
COVID-19 H & S Plan
We have put together a simple COVID-19 H & S Plan that will be used at our events and scaled depending on the level of alert, risks and attendee numbers.
Our aim with the plan is simple:
- Not to scare any attendees, but to instead make them feel confident in the event, organisers and venue
- Have a clear and simple communication strategy with attendees and make it easy for them
- Not to increase costs or any unneeded burden on you as the exhibitors
- Make everyone feel safe and abide by the guidelines
- Not to get carried away
Leading up to the event we will share with you our COVID-19 Plan for the specific event as part of our general H & S requirements. There will be aspects in this plan that you will need to abide by, and we will make these very clear.
WHAT WE MAY EXPECT FROM YOU
Given that the current situation is changing daily, with governmental decisions made and then reversed we ask that you are patient with us, as we work through the regulations and levels.
If we make decisions about how events will run, or how aspects of our operation will change temporarily please accept this.
Some aspects that we might ask from you are as follows:
- Abide by our COVID H & S plan (wear a mask and/or gloves, enter during specific times, use specific entries, limited exhibitor numbers on stands etc)
- Follow a new check in procedure each day before the event
- Have appropriate PPE on your stand during the event and pack in / out
- Be willing to operate extended event opening hours
- Understand we might need to revise the floor plan to allow social distancing
To clarify: The expectations on you as an Exhibitor and the COVID-19 H & S Plan used at each event will be scaled depending on the level of alert, risks and attendee numbers.